- Grades: K-5
- Enrollment: 411
- Principal: Allan Chinn
- Secretary: Lori Henry
- School Hours: 7:55 – 2:05
- Early Release: 1:05
- Breakfast Menu | Lunch Menu
- Middle School Region: Kelly
- High School Region: North Eugene
- School Colors: Blue and White
- School Mascot: Roadrunner
- School Choice Information
- ODE school report cards and AYP reports
We seek to maintain a spirit of joy in learning, cooperation in doing, and optimism for success and the future. Our goal is to have every student exceed state standards in all academic areas.
We are a place where the entire school community gathers regularly to support, celebrate, and honor the achievements of all our children. With the caring guidance of dedicated staff, our students make academic gains while developing persistence and personal responsibility, qualities that are the cornerstone of life long learning. We are committed to fostering a curiosity for learning and the skills necessary to prepare students academically and socially for the transition to middle school. Rigorous academic explorations coupled with the daily immersion of technology into everyday teaching and learning helps students grow into thinkers and problem solvers of the future.
- Recently recognized as an Apple Distinguished School, Howard boasts a strong technology focus with staff and students utilizing a variety of digital tools and web-based resources to support learning.
- Our school benefits from having a Technology Learning Team and a technology support person to assist staff with infusing technology into everyday teaching and learning. Students have 1:1 access to laptops and/or iPad Minis throughout the day.
- With the support of Title, ELL, and Special Ed specialists, we are able to provide targeted small group instruction in the areas of math and reading. A full time counselor and PE teacher help us educate the whole child.
- Our older students enjoy an after school Orchestra program two days per week. Our PE and Music specialists also offer students a variety of after school activities designed to enrich students’ lives and school experience.
- Howard offers a robust after school program that emphasizes academic instruction under the guidance of a certified teacher, fun games and physical activities led by Parks & Recreation personnel, and a healthy meal.
School Improvement Goals
Our primary school improvement goal is to increase student performance in both mathematics and reading such that ALL students are showing growth toward meeting or exceeding benchmarks.